Sunday, August 18, 2019

The Curious Case of Roy Truly

PRESIDENT'S COMMISSION
ON THE ASSASSINATION OF
PRESIDENT JOHN F. KENNEDY
AFFIDAVIT
STATE OF TEXAS,
County of Dallas, ss:

I, Roy Sansom Truly, being duly sworn say:

1. I am the Superintendent of the Texas School Book Depository Building Dallas, Texas.

2. The door opening on the vestibule of the lunchroom on the second floor of the Texas School Book Depository Building is usually shut because of a closing mechanism on the door.


Signed this 3d day of August 1964, at Dallas Tex.

(S) Roy Sansom Truly,
ROY SANSOM TRULY [23]  

[BK Notes: Many thanks to John McAdams for posting Truly's Testimony on line for everyone to read: 
Warren Commission Testimony: 

Mr. BELIN. Okay. And where was this officer at that time?
Mr. TRULY. This officer was right behind me and coming up the stairway.
By the time I reached the second floor, the officer was a little further behind me than he was on the first floor, I assume - I know.
Mr. BELIN. Was he a few feet behind you then?
Mr. TRULY. He was a few feet. It is hard for me to tell. I ran right on around to my left, started to continue on up the stairway to the third floor, and on up.
Mr. BELIN. Now when you say you ran on to your left, did you look straight ahead to see whether there was anyone in that area, or were you intent on just going upstairs?
Mr. TRULY. If there had been anybody in that area, I would have seen him. 

BK Notes: But Truly DIDN'T See Oswald go through that door directly in front of him - and therefore Oswald DID NOT go through that door, did not descend the four flights of steps, was not on the Sixth Floor of the TSBD at the time, and therefore did not kill the President. 

WC TESTIMONY (Continued) 

Mr. Belin: Did you see any expression on his face? Or weren't you paying attention?
Mr. Truly: He didn't seem to be excited or overly afraid or anything. He might have been a little startled, like I might have been if someone confronted me. But I cannot recall any change in expression of any kind on his face.
Counsel Belin: All right. How far was the officer’s gun from Lee Harvey Oswald when he asked the question?”
Truly: …it seemed to me like it was almost touching him.


BK Notes: It has been said on Social Media and remains unconfirmed that Roy Truly's wife was related to the Chenaults - of Flying Tigers fame and an infamous U.S. military family with interests in the far east. If anyone could obtain Truly's obituary it will list his family and their backgrounds can be checked to see if this is true or not. Keep me posted if you find anything. - billkelly3@gmail.com 







No comments:

Post a Comment