CAPA Mission Statement
“When powerful organized interests conspire to remove those leaders who threaten them then the very core of democracy is compromised.” - Philip H. Melanson, Ph.D.
Joe Green wrote for CTKA (Citizens for Truth in the Kennedy Assassination – Probe): “The downside to not coming up with some sort of organizational structure is that opposing forces are strengthened and even galvanized….The investigative process is a scientific one at its best, and that means weeding out the ideas that don't work as well as promoting the ones that do…. By promoting those where the evidence is irrefutable, we present a more unified front to the world and help to streamline and organize our public relations. It may not be to everyone's taste, but it has to be done, if we are to ultimately win over the generations to come...”
Dr. Cyril Wecht - the Chairman of the COPA and CAPA Executive Committee:
50 years have passed since the Warren Commission declared that Lee Harvey Oswald was the lone assassin in the murder of President John F. Kennedy. During those decades, independent researches, authors, medical and ballistic experts continued to expose the hard evidence that proves the official government conclusion is invalid. We now know that:
- - No lone gunman could have killed President Kennedy and wounded Governor Connally.
- - The official investigations were flawed and important leads never properly pursued.
- - Significant unanswered questions remain in other political assassinations, such as those of Robert Kennedy and Martin Luther King.
- - The truth remains hidden as long as the government records on these assassinations remain sealed from the public.
Some people may feel that there is no purpose in working to solve murders that date back fifty years, but we know there is no time limit on the truth and no statute of limitations in a murder case. Until we face the truth about the assassinations of our political leaders, we cannot hope to move toward a viable democracy in this country, nor prevent other such assassinations from happening. No other event has frozen more people in time, or changed the shape of the future in the same way as the assassination of President Kennedy, and we can wait no longer for a solution, - we must act now.
Our immediate goals are clear. We intend to:
- Work closely with the NARA and get Congress to fulfill their oversight mandate by holding public hearings and ensure the full disclosure of the remaining sealed records;
- Analyze the new records and educate the American people about who murdered their leaders, who covered up the conspiracies to kill them, and why;
- Correct the media spin that says there is nothing new in these records;
- Initiate a similar process to release the records in other assassinations, especially the HSCA MLK files that remain sealed and weren’t covered by the JFK Act;
- Answer the outstanding questions that can be answered;
- Find the historic truth and
- Seek justice.
There are hundreds of non-profits organizations and think tanks that study war and peace and promote democracy but only a few that focus on political assassinations as the biggest threat to the legitimacy of the government.
Political assassination is the most serious threat to democratic government - and it occurs some where every day usually as a convenient means of maintaining and controlling power. That’s why it is important to support those who do focus on and study political assassinations as a tactic that must be opposed.
We want to live in a country where murders will not go unpunished, and where the democratic processes cannot be frustrated by individuals, agencies or organizations who oppose the popular will and violate the Constitution
Recent polls show that 85% of the American people agree with us about the evidence of conspiracy in this case and the need to release all of the remaining withheld records. They know they have never been told the full story by the official investigations. We need your help to reach them and to let them know that something can and must be done. Help us reveal the truth and tell the American public that there is something new in these files and something can be done about it.
This is your organization. Working together we can make a difference now. There is an organization that supports the latest research, uses grassroots outreach and social media, is lobbying Congress for oversight hearings, using the courts to free secret files and is forcing the rule of law in political assassinations.
We need to address these unresolved political assassinations today in order to prevent political assassinations from happening in the future and create the independent investigative network that can immediately respond to any future assassinations.
We look forward to hearing from you,
Cyril H. Wecht, M.D., J.D.
Cyril H. Wecht, M.D., J.D.
Chairman, Executive Committee COPA-CAPA