Black Propaganda Operations affiliated with the Assassination of JFK:
1) The use of Lee Harvey Oswald’s name in the purchase in Louisiana of military goods for Cubans when he was in USSR.
2) The “mission” backyard photographs of Oswald brandishing a rifle and pistol and copies of two contradictory magazines - one photo copy signed “Hunter of Fascists” and given to George deMohrenschildt.
3) Lee Harvey Oswald’s Fair Play for Cuba Committee activities in New Orleans in the summer of 1963, including the handing out of leaflets at the dockside of the USS Wasp, the International Trade Mart and other locations.
4) Oswald’s visit to the Cuban and Russian embassies in Mexico City in late September 1963, Oswald’s visa application, and photos and tapes of “Oswald” in Mexico.
5) A leaflet was distributed to the Florida Cuban community in November, 1963 warned of an “Act of God” that would put a “Texan in the White House.”
6) The Hands Off Cuba leaflet distributed by Oswald.
7) The booklet Crime Against Cuba – By Corlis Lamont as translated by Ella Garro, with the 544 Camp Street address stamped on it.
8) The Dallas Wanted for Treason poster.
9) The Dallas Dear Mr. President full page advertisement in the Dallas Morning News.
10) The Impeach Earl Warren billboard that Jack Ruby in the company of Lary Crafard took a photo of at 3am in the morning after the assassination.
11) The last two issues President Kennedy dealt with before leaving the White House for Texas concerned the William Attwood-Carlos Lechuga backchannel negotiations with Fidel Castro at the UN and
12) The discovery of a cache of weapons in Venezuela that appeared to have come from Cuba. The weapons story was later discovered to be over a year old and was part of a CIA black propaganda to falsely implicate Cuba in exporting terrorism abroad.
13) The role of Sylvia Duran, Lachuga’s Mexico City mistress, in the bogus story of the Twist Party.
14) The role of Ella Garro in the bogus story of the Twist Party in Mexico City.
15) Julio Fernandez, one of three anti-Castro Cubans whose boat was financially supported by Clair Booth Luce, called Luce, wife of the publisher of Time-Life on the evening of the assassination to report information on Oswald’s activities in New Orleans. Fernandez, a former Cuban publisher, was married to an attorney who worked for Catholic Welfare Services in Miami.
16) Julio Fernandez, Sr. publisher of newspapers in Cuba, was assisted in his defection and relocation by the Cuban Aid Relief (CAR), sponsored by the CIA front Catherwood Foundation, that also sponsored Cuban refugee relief services in Miami, New Orleans and Dallas, and
17) The Cuban Aid Relief and the Catherwood Foundation, together with the Pan Am Foundation, co-sponsored a conference for Cuban journalists in exile at the University of Miami (JMWAVE) in July 1963, attended by Julio Fernandez, Jr.
18) The Catherwood CIA fund also sponsored the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia had a parish in Dallas area where Oswald’s daughters were baptized. In Dallas the Catholic Charities and their CIA benefactors also assisted Father Walter McChann, the Catholic priest who knew Syvia Odio and John Martino and administered to the Cuban refugees in Dallas and New Orleans.
19) In New Orleans the Catholic relief services provided a laundry truck that was used in the Houma Bunker raid that picked up munitions from the Sculemberger Wells company run by Jean DeMenil, a parishioner of the Dallas Russian Orthodox church and Oswald associate.
20) In Miami, shortly after the assassination, Dr. Jose Ignorzio, the chief of clinical psychology for the Catholic Welfare Services, contacted the White House to inform the new administration that Oswald had met directly with Cuban ambassador Armas in Mexico.
21) In Mexico City, David Atlee Philips of the CIA debriefed a Nicaraguan intelligence officer who claimed to have seen Oswald take money from a Cuban at the Cuban embassy.
22) In New Zealand, U.S. Air Force Col. Fletcher Prouty read complete biographies of Oswald in the local papers hours after the assassination, indicating to him that a bio of Oswald was pre-prepared. Prouty’s Pentagon office is just down the hall from that of his friend Gen. Krulak, whose assistant Col. Higgins, was briefed by the CIA’s Desmond Fitzgerald on the adaption of the “Valkyrie” plot to kill Hitler to Cuba.
23) In Miami brothers Jerry and James Buchanan, CIA propaganda assets, began promoting the Castro-did-it theme immediately after the assassination. According to Donald Freed and Jeff Cohen (in Liberation Magazine), the source of the Buchanan’s tales was the leader of the CIA supported International Anti-Communist Brigade (IAB). They wrote “Back in Miami a high powered propaganda machine was cranking out stories that Oswald was a Cuban agent…”
24) Frank Sturgis is quoted in the Pampara Beach Sun-Sentinel as saying that Oswald had talked with Cuban G-2 agents and fricasseed with IAB members in Miami in 1962.
25) Jack Anderson used Sturgis and mobster John Rosselli to keep the Castro plot propaganda story going when Rosselli told Anderson that a JMWAVE covert action anti-Castro Cuban commando team was captured, tortured and turned around to kill JFK – What professor Peter Dale Scott calls the “Phase Three” story.
26) Jack Martin (Scruggs) and David Lewis wrote (circa 1967) in a Houston Weekly (possibly the Texas Observer) that the Humme Report – a Congressional Committee document implicates RFK in the plots to kill Castro.
27) The book Red Friday by Carlos Bringuier, which publishes the names of the anti-Castro commando team trained at JMWAVE that was captured and paraded before the media.
28) The same “propaganda machine” was still pumping out the same lines in 1976 when Gaeton Fonzi interviewed Sturgis, who said that he had recently ran into a friend who worked for the “company” who reminded him of an incident he had completely forgotten about. Sturgis suddenly recalled, “that he had heard about a meeting in Havana about two months before the Kennedy assassination. At the meeting there were a number of high-ranking men, including Castro, his brother Raul, Ramiro Valdez, the chief of Cuban intelligence, Che Guevara and his secretary Tanya, another Cuban officer, an American known as ‘El Mexicano,’ and,…oh, yea; Jack Ruby. And the meeting dealt with plotting the assassination of President Kennedy.”
29) Seith Kantor, a Scripps-Howard News Service Reporter in Dallas during the assassination, couldn’t understand why his telephone call records from Parkland Hospital were being withheld because “disclosure would reveal confidential source of information.” When Kantor checked his own records he discovered his editor had told him to call another reporter in Florida or some deep background on Oswald. The reporter in Florida had everything on Oswald, FPFCC, Russian defection, New Orleans radio debate, etc., but instead of using it himself, fed it to Kantor. The reporter was Hal “the Spook” Hendrix, who won the Pulitzer Prize for his coverage of the Cuban Missile Crisis and earned his nickname when he “reported” on the Dominican Republic Coup on September 24, 1963, the day before it happened. His CIA affiliations became better known when he went to work for ITT in Chile and was found guilty of withholding information from a Congressional committee concerning his role in the Chilean coup.
30) While other major news organizations have been exposed as CIA media assets, such as CBS News, Life Magazine, the North American Newspaper Alliance and the Copley Newspaper chain, the Scripps-Howard News Service (SHNS) stand out not only because of the Kantor-Hendrix connection, but because of the March 12 news report out of Washington. An obvious black propaganda operation that stems from NSA intercepts (note that the NSA does not issue press releases), and continues to implicate Castro in not only the assassination of President Kennedy, but in the planning of an assassination on President Reagan. This story is remarkably similar to the one that Sturgis tells [in #12] and includes many of the same conspirators. [See: SHNS Story]. Also please note that two weeks after this obvious piece of black propaganda disinformation was published, President Reagan was shot in front of the Washington Hilton by John Hinkley.
31) Steve K – the Man on the Motorcycle in Mexico City, reportedly gave LHO a ride to the Cuban embassy on the back of his motorcycle, had previously been to Cuba and photographed with Castro, a picture published in the Temple University school newspaper.
32) Brian Letell, former CIA officer involved in Cuban operations and a professor at the University of Miami, writes a book that attempts to implicate Castro in the assassination based on the accusations of a former Cuban G2 intelligence officer who says that Castro had him search for radio broadcasts out of Texas on the day of the assassination. That would indicate Castro knew JFK would be in Texas - not that he had foreknowledge of the assassination, as Letell falsely asserts.
33) The bogus Mexico City Twist Party story is resurrected by Phil Shenon in his book that is not so much about Oswald being encouraged to kill JFK by Cuban diplomats, as it is more clearly yet another example and case stury of the CIA supported disinformation - black propaganda campaign to link Castro to Oswald.
A Clear Example of a Black Prop Op and JFK Assassination. (Item #30)
Besides Shenon, a clear example of this black propaganda disinformation campaign being used in other similar operations, years later, is the SHNS report in 1981, shortly before the attempted assassination of President Ronald Reagan.
Scripps-Howard News Service – By R. H. Boyce. Thursday, March 12, 1981
Washington – The National Security Agency has alerted the CIA, the White House and State Department to a Latin American newspaper report saying Cuban President Fidel Castro is plotting the assassination of President Reagan, Scripps-Howard News Service has learned.
The NSA, which monitors published and broadcast information around the globe, does not makes such “alert” messages available to the press. But SHNS obtained a copy, which was marked “for official use only.” It included the text of the newspaper report as well as a garbled message about the news story directed to the head of Castro’s controlled news agency, Presna Latina.
Without revealing its sources, the news report, published yesterday in the Caracas, Venezuela, newspaper El Mundo, asserted the assassination plot called for the slaying to be carried out by Illich Ramirez Sancho, an international terrorist known as Carlos the Jackal. Carlos is said to have organized the massacre of Israeli athletes at the 1972 Olympic Games in Munich, West Germany, and has been involved in dozens of terrorists acts.
U.S. officials said the NSA’s action in alerting the U.S. intelligence community “suggests that while they are not necessarily ready to believe the report of an assassination plot, nevertheless they (NSA) find it at least worthy of looking into.”
The Caracas newspaper story said the assassination plan “was discussed in a meeting of the International Trust of Crime in Cojimar, an exclusive beach club east of Havana, with the participants of Montonero and Tupamaro thugs, Illich Ramirez, Ramiro Valdez, Cuban Police Minister Carlos Rafael Rodriguez and Fidel Castro.”
No identification was found of Ramiro Valdez. Montonero “thugs” are terrorists operating primarily in Argentina while Tupumaros thugs operate in Uruguay. The article said Palestine Liberation Organization chief Yasir Arafat also participated in the plan.
Presna Latina (Latin Press) often has been used by Castro for political ends. The Pressa Latina correspondent in Caracas, at 9:47 a.m. EST yesterday, began transmitting the El Mundo article by cable to Prensa Latina headquarters in Havana. NSA monitored it. At the close of the text, Prensa Latina Caracas began adding what appears to be commentary on the El Mundo report. It reads:
“Everything seems to indicate that Fidel Castro is planning the assassination of U.S. President Ronald Reagan in the same way that he previously ordered the assassination of John F. Kennedy and whose participation the high-ranking U.S. government circles hid…”
There the Prensa Latina cable transmission stopped. Had it been ordered broken off by the Venezuela government, say U.S. officials, NSA would have added the words: “transmission interrupted,” to show Venezuela’s action. There was no such NSA notation. Officials provided no explanation of why the transmission ended in mid-sentence.