Wednesday, November 6, 2019

The Note

     Note allegedly left by Oswald was hand written in Russian and found ---On December 2, 1963, Mrs. Ruth Paine turned over to the police some of the Oswalds' belongings, including a Russian volume entitled "Book of Useful Advice," that she wanted passed on to Marina. In this book was an undated note written in Russian. In translation, the note read as follows:

1.  This is the key to the mailbox which is located in the main post office in the city on Ervay Street.  This is the same street where the drugstore, in which you always waited is located.  You will find the mailbox in the post office which is located 4 blocks from the drugstore on that street.  I paid for the box last month so don't worry about it.

2.  Send the information as to what has happened to me to the Embassy and include newspaper clippings (should there be anything about me in the newspapers).  I believe that the Embassy will come quickly to your assistance on learning everything. 

3.  I paid the house rent on the 2d so don't worry about it. 

4.  Recently I also paid for water and gas. 

5.  The money from work will possibly be coming.  The money will be sent to our post office box.  Go to the bank and cash the check. 

6.  You can either throw out or give my clothing, etc. away.  Do not keep these.  However, I prefer that you hold on to my personal papers (military, civil, etc.).

7.  Certain of my documents are in the small blue valise. 
8.  The address book can be found on my table in the study should need same. 

9.  We have friends here.  The Red Cross also will help you [Red Cross in English].

10.  I left you as much money as I could, $60 on the second of the month.  You and the baby [apparently] can live for another 2 months using $10 per week. 

11.  If I am alive and taken prisoner, the city jail is located at the end of the bridge through which we always passed on going to the city (right in the beginning of the city after crossing the bridge).

     James C. Cadigan, FBI handwriting expert, testified that this note was written by Lee Harvey Oswald.

No comments:

Post a Comment