Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Dennis Duane David RIP May 2017

Image result for Dennis Duane David RIP jfk Autopsy Bethesda USN

John Simpkin, 

- at the Education Forum [  Dennis Duane David - JFK Assassination Debate - The Education Forum  ] wrote: Dennis Duane David graduated from high school in 1955. He spent a term at the University of Illinois before joining the United States Navy in 1956. He attended the Hospital Corps School at Maryland and later overseas in North Africa. On his return to the United States he became an Administrative Technician at the Bethesda Naval Hospital.

When John F. Kennedy was assassinated on 22nd November, 1963, his body was taken to Bethesda. That evening he was asked to type a memorandum for a FBI agent, that said that four bullet fragments had been removed from Kennedy's head.

A few days after the assassination, David found William Pitzer, head of the Audio/Visual Department at the Bethesda Naval Hospital, working on a 16-mm film, slides and black and white photos of the Kennedy autopsy. David noted that those materials showed what appeared to be an entry wound in the right frontal area with a corresponding exit wound in the lower rear of the skull.

On 22nd November, 1963, an autopsy was carried out by Dr Joseph Humes on the body of John F. Kennedy. A few days after the assassination, a colleague, Dennis D. David, found Pitzer working on a 16-mm film, slides and black and white photos of the Kennedy autopsy. David noted that those materials showed what appeared to be an entry wound in the right frontal area with a corresponding exit wound in the lower rear of the skull.
Jerrol F. Custer, an X-ray technician at the hospital, later stated that Pitzer had photographed the proceedings, including the military men who attended the Kennedy autopsy. It was also rumoured that Pitzer had copies of Kennedy's autopsy photographs.

According to Dr. Joseph Humes, Pitzer was not present at the autopsy. However, he admitted that the Bethesda Naval Hospital was equipped with closed-circuit television. This was the responsibility of Pitzer and over the years had used these facilities to make instructional movies. It is therefore possible that Pitzer had secretly made a 16-mm movie film of the autopsy on President Kennedy’s body, without being present in the autopsy room when it was carried out.

William Pitzer decided to retire in 1966. He told friends he had been offered a good job working for a network television station. It is believed that he intended to make a programme about the Kennedy assassination. On 29th October 1966, Lieutenant Commander William B. Pitzer was found dead at the Naval Medical School, Bethesda. Investigations by the Naval Investigative Service and the Federal Bureau of Investigation later concluded that a gunshot wound to the head had been self-inflicted.

Dennis Duane David is a member of this forum. Has anyone got any questions for him?

In 1965, via an inservice program I was selected and promoted to Ensign (01), Medical Service Corps, U.S.Navy. Date of promotion was 2 Dec 1965. I left Bethesda the next day for schooling at New Port, R.I., spent 15 weeks there, then reported to Naval Hospital, Great Lakes, Il. In 1967, was transferred to Third MAW, El Toro, Ca. In 1968 was assigned to First MAW, Da Nang, Viet Nam. In 1969, I was Administrative Officer, Naval Dental Clinic, NAS, Mfs.,Tn. for a 2 year tour. In 1971, I reported to the Naval Health Care Administration School, NNMC. Bethesda, Md. for duty underinstruction at The Gerorge Washington University. Where I earned my batchelor's degree. Upon completion of schooling I was assigned duty on Commandant, Ninth Naval District, Great Lakes staff. In 1973, I was assigned duty as Executive Officer, Naval Dental Research Institute at Great Lakes. I retired from there July 1, 1976 with the rank of Lieutenant Commander. I moved to Hoopeston, Il. where I took a position as Personnel Director, for Stokely-Van Camp, Co. After 10 years there, I resigned, opened my own business (a furniture refinishing/repair and Antique shop). I operated that until January 2001 when I closed my ship and retired permanently. My wife passed away in October 2005, so now I spend most of my time enjoying my 13 grandchildren and 7 great-grandchildren, playing bridge, fishing, and whatever else I may decide to do when I wake up each morning.

  John Simkin said:

1) I not only saw them, but held them in the palm of my hand. There were four pieces of grey lead. The sizes of the pieces were to large to have come from on bullet. So the pieces I saw had to have come from at least two bullets.

  John Simkin said:

(2) Were you ever able to identify the man who got you to type up the memo? Do you know which government agency he represented?

(2) I do not recall the name of the man who ask me to type the memo. I believe he was identified to me as a SS agent.

  John Simkin said:

(3) Could you tell us about the time you discovered William Pitzer with photographs and film of the JFK autopsy?

(3) It was on the Monday, after the post-mortem. I had stopped in to see Bill, about another matter, when I walked into his office, he had a hand-operated film editor on his desk. He also had some B&W and Color photos of the autopsy on his desk. There was a 16mm film in the editor. We looked at perhaps the first three feet of the film. I don't remember our exact conversation, but I do remember we both felt that there was a frontal entry wound in the right forehead near the hairline.

  John Simkin said:
(4) Do you believe William Pitzer was murdered?

(4) I have read the autopsy report, the Investigation report of Bills death, and other material. I am not convinced he committed suicide, nor am I convinced he was murdered.

  Greg Wagner said:
Were the film and photos that you viewed such that you were able to see any of the surroundings, such as the onlookers who were present? Other than the entrance wound, was there anything else that you recall seeing that left an impression?
What did Pitzer say about the photos and film? What was his demeanor? Did he realize the magnitude of what he had at the time? Did you?

In the film and the pictures I saw only the body was shown. It did show hands that moved the body but no picture showed faces, etc. Some of the surroundings were visible but quite honestly we paid little attention to that. The body and the wounds it had sustained were our focus. Bill only commented as to the location/magnitude of the wounds, that the temple wound appeared to be an entrance wound. I did wonder at the tracheotomy incision, considering the size and location of the exit wound in the parietal/occipital area. It seemed to me that the tracheotomy was an exercise in futility. Bill's demeanor, hard to say, I know we both got teary eyed. Magnitude of what we saw???? We saw what we felt was a frontal entry wound in the right forehead with a large exit wound in the rear of the skull of a President we both admired and liked. How Bill felt when the Warren Report came out, I do not know. I felt disgusted and very, very angry but I was also afraid to say anything, and didn't until my talk with the Waukegan Sun reporter. Even then I would not allow my name to be made public.

No comments:

Post a Comment