Saturday, January 26, 2013

USMC Post Assassination Investigation

During its investigation the HSCA learned from the wife of a former officer that a special investigations team was sent to San Diego and Japan

According to Larry Huff, the navigation officer with a Top Secret clearance who flew on the same plane, they wrote a report on Oswald’s activities when he was there. The USMC investigators reportedly concluded that Oswald was incapable of committing the assassination alone. 

But that report has never been acknowledged let alone released, even though the officials were supplied with the plane’s tail numbers, flight data and the names of the pilot and others aboard. The Assassination Records Review Board’s Final Report merely notes that, “the Marine Corps did not locate evidence of any internal investigations of Lee Harvey Oswald, other than correspondence already published in the Warren Report.”

When one of the officers who Huff said was also on the plane was interview by the HSCA, he requested to check with the military first, and after doing so, the HSCA permitted the military to ask him questions after they had done so.

After everyone confirmed everything Huff had to say, including the commanding officer of the Hawaii base where the plane was stationed, the officer Huff mentioned said glowing things about Huff and recommended him highly, but when the military officer questioned him about Huff's psych, after a few coughs and promptings, obviously prearranged, the officer said he questioned Huff's mental stability.

In any case, besides the ONI Naval Criminal Investigation Service investigation of Oswald after his defection, which we know about from Fred Reeves (ARRB), for which there are no records, there seems to have been a USMC investigation of Oswald after the assassination, for which there are no records.



                            THE ASSASSINATION
                               Staff Report
                                  of the
                     Select Committee on Assassinations
                        U.S. House of Representatives
                           Ninety-fifth Congress
                              Second Session
                                March 1979




     Huff allegation  ..........................................(1)
     The committee's investigation ............................ (2)
     Huff interview and deposition ............................(11)             
     Moffitt interview.........................................(22)             
     Roberts interview.........................................(27) 
     Morgan Interview..........................................(31) 
     Contacts with CID officers................................(33) 
     Morgan letter.............................................(41) 


                               HUFF ALLEGATION

     (1)  In March 1977, the committee received information that the military  
had conducted an investigation of Oswald after the assassination. The     
information came in a letter from Gloria Deane Huff of Pinehurst, Idaho, who
wrote that her present husband, Larry Huff, had participated in one of the
investigative teams while in the military. (1) Mrs. Huff indicated that she
wanted to bring this information to the attention of the committee because,
despite all the published reports about the  assassination and subsequent
Government investigations, she had never seen any information about the
investigation in which her husband participated. (2)

                         THE COMMITTEE'S INVESTIGATION

     (2)  Pursuant to the information received from Mrs. Huff, the committee   
undertook to verify the alleged investigation and any reports that may have
resulted. The committee requested pertinent files of the appropriate agencies*
and interviewed persons who would have had direct knowledge of such an
     (3)  The committee contacted Larry Huff at his home in Pineburst, Idaho,  
by telephone on March 21, 1977. (3) At that time, he confirmed the substance of
the letter his wife had sent the committee. He additionally identified the
commanding officer, Lt. Gen. Carson A. Roberts, who, according to Huff, would
have been in charge of the investigative team at Camp Smith, Hawaii, which was
purportedly the base from which one investigative team originated. (4) Huff said
during the telephone interview that Lieutenant General Roberts served as
commander in chief of the fleet of the 1st Marine Brigade, Pacific Marine
Force.(5) According to Huff, the teams were dispatched to Japan and Dallas and
the report of the investigation was classified "Secret--For Marine Corps Eyes
     (4) On March 23, 1977, the committee wrote Lt. Col. Carl Miller of the    
Marine Corps Liaison Office and requested all Marine Corps documents concerning
the assassination of President Kennedy; (7) the request was phrased broadly to
include any materials of such an investigation which might not be easily
identifiable. On June 6, 1977, the committee wrote Gen. Louis Wilson, Commandant
of the Marine Corps, and made a similar request.(8)
     (5) The committee then sought to contact the individuals who were
     responsible for compiling records of Oswald's military background. It
       * Included among the agencies contacted were the Department of Defense   
and the U.S. Marine Corps, both headquarters and various bases.

     was believed that evidence or reports of such an investigation after the  
assassination would have appeared in Oswald's file. The committee contacted Lt.
Col. Bill Brewer of the Intelligence Division of Marine Corps Headqurters on
August 1, 1977. (9) Brewer had been in charge of  compiling the Oswald military
file for the use of the Warren Commission. (10) Brewer stated that the Warren
Commission had been interested primarily in records concerning Oswald's security
classification in the military and that his records check had only included
local records within the individual commands where Oswald had served and did not
include records that were classified secret or top secret. (11) He said his
office had no investigative jurisdiction.
     (6)  The committee has contacted Roy Elmquist of the Office of Naval
Intelligence on August 1, 1977. Elmquist stated that the only investigative
request to the Office of Naval Intelligence from the Marine Corps that had any
bearing on Oswald or the assassination concerned the death of Martin Schrand,
who had served at Cubi Point Naval Air Station in the Philippines at the same
time Oswald had in 1958 and who had died from a gunshot wound while on guard
duty. (13) Elmquist stated further that any other investigation pertinent to the
assassination would have been conducted by the FBI(14).
     (7)  On August 2, 1977, the committee wrote Capt. Donald Nielsen, the     
Assistant Secretary for International Security Affairs of the Department of
Defense, and requested all material concerning Lee Harvey Oswald and the
investigation of the assassination of President Kennedy in the possession of the
Naval Investigative Service. (15)
     (8)  On February 15, 1978, in a phone conversation with committee staff,  
Huff further identified the airplanes that he said were used in the  
investigation by the military. He stated at that time that one plane flew from
El Toro or Camp Pendleton in California to Dallas in December ]963. (16) He said
the plane was a KC-130. The second plane had flown from Camp Smith, Hawaii, to
Atsugi Naval Air Station in Japan between December 7 and 22, 1963. (17) It was a
C-54 plane with serial No. 50855.
     (18) Huff identified the commander of the plane as Chief Warrant Officer  
Morgan. (19)
     (9)  On March 9, 1978, the committee requested the following documents    
from the Department of Defense:
         1. Any and all records (including logs and crew lists) pertaining to  
or concerning the flight of a C-54 military plane, serial No. 50855, which
departed Camp Smith, Hawaii on December 7, 1963 for Japan and returned on
December 22, 1963.
         2. Any and all records (including logs and crew lists) pertaining
            to or concerning the flight of a KC-130 military plane which        
departed El Toro or Camp Pendleton base in California the first weekend in
December 1963 for Dallas, Tex.
         3. Any and all records, including classified material, concerning or  
referring to an investigation by the Marine Corps or the Air Force        
Office of Special Investigations into the J.F.K. assassination. It is believed
the investigation took place at Atsugi Air Base, Japan, and the El Toro Marine
Base, Santa Ana, Calif., in December 1963. (20)
     The committee also included in that request that Lt. Gen. Carson Roberts  
and Chief Warrant Officer Morgan be made available for


     interview, or if either man is no longer a member of the military, that   
the committee be provided with the last known address for each. (21)
     (10)  On April 19, 1978, the Department of Defense responded that the Air 
Force had no records on Roberts or Morgan and that it had no flight records
concerning either military plane identified in the committee's request. (22)
Regarding the records of the alleged military investigation, the Department of
Defense responded that it had no record that the Air Force Office of Special
Investigations had conducted an investigation into the assassination of
President Kennedy in Japan or California in 1963. (23) The Department explained
that it believed the alleged investigation was being confused with an
investigation that was conducted on Oswald's half-brother, John Edward Pic. (24)
According to the Department, the Pic investigation records were destroyed
because no "derogatory information" (which presumably means information which
would have been relevant to the assassination investigation) was developed;    
portions of that file relating to Oswald, however, were still on file and 
available for review by the committee at the Pentagon. (25) In May 1978, the
Department of Defense provided the committee with the present addresses of
Lieutenant General Roberts(26) and Chief Warrant Officer Morgan,(27) who had
both retired from the military.
                         HUFF INTERVIEW AND DEPOSITION

     (11)  Larry Huff was interviewed and deposed by the committee on May 8    
and 9, 1978, to get further details of the investigation Huff related to the
committee. During the deposition in U.S. district court for the Eastern district
of Washington at Spokane, Wash., on May 9, 1978, Huff stated under oath that on
December 14, 1963, he departed Kaneohe Base in Hawaii in a C-54-T aircraft,
serial number 50855, for Wake Island, with Chief Warrant Officer Morgan as
pilot. (28) He stated that the plane continued from Wake Island to Tachikawa.,
Japan.(29) Huff stated that there were 10 to 12 CID military investigators on
that flight. (3G) They disembarked at Tachikawa, Japan, which Huff identified as
the closest landing base to the base at Atsugi. (31)                   
     (12)  Huff stated that he would have received written orders for the 
     flight the day before from Major Rice, who was the commanding officer at  
Kaneohe Bay. (32) Huff said that the orders from Rice normally originated from
the command of the Fleet Marine Corps of the Pacific at Camp Smith, over which
Lieutenant Genera] Roberts was commanding officer. (33) In the case of this
flight, Huff did not know for sure where the orders originated, but that they
could also have come from Marine Corps  headquarters. (34).
     (13)  Huff explained that he had served as a navigator at Camp Smith and  
that his normal responsibilities included transporting military crews. (35) He
had received no debriefing or special instructions for this flight; he said he
learned the purpose of the trip by the CID investigators through conversations
on the plane during the flight. Huff said that no other intelligence personnel
were present on the flight.
     (14)  During the deposition, Huff used a log he maintained during his      
career in the military for the exact dates of the flights and other


     data about the plane. He made those logs available to the committee.
     The log entry for December 14, 1963 states that a C-54 with serial
No. 50855 flew from Kaneohe Bay to Wake Island with Warrant Officer Morgan as
pilot; the flying time was 11.1 hours.(38) On December 15, the same plane
continued from Wake Island to Guam; it flew from Guam to Okinawa on December 16
and then to Tachikawa by way of Hong Kong on December 20, 1963. (39)
     (15)  Huff stated in the deposition that he returned to Kaneohe Bay after
leaving the investigators in Japa.n to investigate Oswald's activities at
Atsugi. (40) He also said that he believed he returned to Japan to pick the CID
team up later in December 1963. (41) According to Huff's logbook and his
testimony, he made two trips from Tachikawa during that period, one on December
22, 1963 (which presumably would have been the flight when Huff returned to
Hawaii after leaving the investigative team) and another on January 1964, from
Kaneohe Bay to Iwakuni and Atsugi in Japan; he returned from the latter trip on
February 5, 1964. (42) The trips in January had Captain Kruse as pilot of the
plane, which was identified as a VC 54-P, serial number 90392. (43)
     (16)  Huff stated in the deposition that the return flight from Japan
to Kaneohe Bay included the same team of CID investigators he had flown
earlier.(44) On the return flight, he had spoken with the investigators about
their work in Japan and was told they had spent the entire stay investigating
Oswald. (45) Huff said that during that flight he was allowed to read the report
prepared by the investigators.(46) He described the report as being typewritten,
about 20 pages,(47) and classified "Secret, for Marine Corps Eyes Only." (48)
Huff recollected that the substance of the report dealt with interviews of
individuals and that it contained psychological evaluation of Oswald.(49) Huff
remembered the conclusion being that Oswald was incapable of committing the
assassination alone.(50) Huff said he read the report for about 30 minutes. (51)
     (17)  Huff was asked during the deposition what circumstances existed that
would have allowed him to see such a report.(52) He replied that it was not
unusual for him to have had access to it; he had been granted a secret clearance
by the military on March 5, 1956, which would have allowed him access to
classified materials.(53)
     Huff stated that he has never seen the report again nor heard any reference
to it. (54) He surmised that the report would be kept intelligence files either
at the Intelligence Division of Camp Smith or with the Commandant of the Marine
Corps in Washington, D.C.(55)
     (18)  Huff stated during the deposition that he did not recall the
names of any oF the CID team and that he had never flown with them before. (56)
Besides the captains of the two flights, Huff could not recall exactly who the
other members of the crew were. Nevertheless, he stated that he usually flew
with a radio operator named Ralph K. Fall and another navigator named Roy
Gibson. (57)
     (19)  Huff also stated that soon after the assassination in November
1963, he had received word of another investigative team which was to travel to
Dallas to investigate the assassination. Huff said in the deposition that he was
at El Toro Marine Corps Air Station in Cali-


     fornia on November 23, 1963. (58) His logbook entry for that period  
indicates that Huff flew from Kaneohe Bay to El Toro on November 16 and 17 and
that he left El Toro and returned to Kaneohe Bay on November 23. (59) Huff said
that while at El Toro, he had had a conversation with George Moffitt, a friend
who was also a senior navigator at El Toro.(60) According to Huff, Mofitt told
Huff that he, Moffitt, had received orders to prepare a navigation team to
assist a flight going to Dallas to conduct an investigation. (61)
     (20)  Huff said he left El Toro soon after hearing this from Mofitt and   
never heard any results or the outcome of that flight. He did not know if 
Moffitt actually went along on the flight.(62) He identified Moffitt as a 
master gunnery sergeant at El Toro. (63)
     (21)  When the committee interviewed Huff at his home on May 8, 1978, in  
preparation for the deposition the next day, Huff give them a list of     
addresses and phone numbers of military friends he had served with. (64) Huff
explained that the list had been mailed to him earlier that year in  
preparation for a reunion being planned. (65) The list contained a cover  
letter outlining plans for the reamion.(66) George Moffitt's address and phone
number were included on that list. (67) In an attempt to provide the names of
other personnel from Kaneohe Bay and Camp Smith, Huff stated additionally that
Tom Allen was the chief mechanic at Camp Smith and that Allen might be able to
remember details about the use of military planes at Camp Smith. (68) The list
also contained an address and telephone number for Tom Allen. (69) The Committee
attempted to locate Allen at that address but could not do so.

                              MOFFIT INTERVIEW

     (22)  The committee did contact George Moffitt in California and arranged
time for in interview. When contacted by the committee, Mofitt stated      that
he wanted to clear the interview with the interview with the military and have
the assistance of military counsel.  (70) The interview took place on June 15,
1978, in the Office of Legal Counsel at El Toro Marine Base.  During that
interview, Moffitt stated that he worked as a navigator at El Toro with the rank
of master gunnery sergeant. (71)
     When asked about his activities in November and December 1963. Moffitt    
stated that he did not believe he had participated in a flight to    
Dallas.(72)  Moffitt stated he is certain that he never told Huff that he 
participated in either the planning or execution of a trip to Dallas in
connection with an assassination investigation.(73) Moffitt said     
additionally that he had no information or knowledge of anyone participating in
such a military investigation following the assassination. (74)
     (23) Moffitt said he knew Larry Huff and that they were tog›her at the     
time of the assassination. (75) Mott said he knew the names of Chief Warrant
Officer Morgan, Major Rice, Tom Allen, Ralph Fall, and Captain Kruse, but that
he could not recall where he knew each of those men. (76) He recalled that Lt.
Gen. Carson Roberts was the commanding officer of the Fleet Marine Force
operating out of Camp Smith. (77) He said that at least one C-54 plane was
detailed to Roberts. (78)


     (24) Moffitt said that it would not be unusual for him to transport CID   
personnel; (79) he had received a top secret clearance in 1961. (80) He said he
did not know for sure if he traveled to or from Dallas in November 1963 but that
master logs maintained by the military would indicate the record of such flights
(81) In addition, Moffitt provided the committee with  his personal log book
which he also maintained during his military career. (82) The only entry by
Moffit for November 1963 indicates a total flight time of 17.5 hours and a
notation of "KO-130 F", presumably referring to a type of plane. (83) The log
book spans the period from August 1957 through 1964; however, the period
December 1962 through December 1963 only carries notations for the types of
plane, with no information regarding origins of flights or destinations such as
are made for all of the other months in the book. (84)
     (26)  Moffitt was asked by the committee during the interview if he
knew of any reason why Huff would give the information to the committee
regarding an alleged military investigation of the assassination contrary to the
information being given by Moffitt. Moffitt responded that he knew of no such
reason and that he had no reason to question Huff's credibility. (85) Moffitt
explained that he and Huff were good friends and that their relationship had
included house sitting for each other when one was sent overseas.(86) During the
interview the Marine Corps attorney who was present repeated the question of
whether Moffitt knew of any reason to doubt Huff's credibility and Moffit
repeated that he did not. (87) The Marine Corps attorney then repeated the
question a second time; that time Moffitt replied that he believed Huff had a
mental problem in the past and perhaps that was a reason to question Huff's
credibility. (88) Moffitt did not elaborate or offer any details about Huff's
purported mental problem.

                              ROBERTS INTERVIEW

     (27)  Lt. Gen. Carson A. Roberts was interviewed by a committee staff
investigator on May 25, 1978, at his home in Whispering Pines, N.C. Roberts had
retired from military service on March 1, 1964.(89)
     (28)  During the interview, General Roberts stated that he was in command
of Camp Smith at Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii, at the time of the assassination in
November 1963. (90) He knew of no military flights nor investigations by
military or civilian personnel connected with the assassination of President
Kennedy.(91) General Roberts was asked specifically if he recalled any
information about a flight of CID investigators from Kaneohe Bay to Atsugi,
Japan, to probe intothe background and associations of Lee Harvey Oswald.(92)
General Roberts said that he had no such knowledge, did not issue the orders for
any such flight, and that if such a flight or investigation had come to his
attention, he would have remembered it. (98) However, he also stated  that it
would be possible for such orders to be issued from naval headquarters in
Washington, D.C., and that he might not necessarily have known about those
orders. (94)
     (29)  When asked about the planes which were, under his personal command, 
General Roberts consulted the log book he maintained dur-
     ing his military service which he then kept at his home. After reviewing  
the log, he stated that a V-5-54-P model plane with serial No. 90392 was  
assigned to him at the time of the assassination. (95) General Roberts said the
log book indicated that he did not participate in any flights from June 1963 to
January 1964. (96) He stated that it would have been unusual for his plane to
have been used for any missions without his knowledge. He explained also that he
only maintained records of flights on which he personally flew.(97)
     (30)  General Roberts told the committee investigator that log books and  
any of official records concerning the plane would be sent to either Marine
Operations or to the Bureau of Aeronautics in Washington, D.C., when the plane
was no longer in use by the military.(98)
                             MORGAN  INTERVIEW

     (31)  Roger G. Morgan was interviewed by committee staff by telephone on  
November 7, 1978. He stated that he was a commanding officer of military  
transport flights at Kaneohe Bar in Hawaii at the time of the assassination.
(99) When asked if he had flown a team of CID investigators to Japan in December
1963 in connection with an investigation into the assassination of President
Kennedy, Morgan said that he would not normally have known who his passengers
were on the military transports, even if they had included a team of CID  
investigators.(100) Further, his flight orders would not necessarily have 
included that information.(101) Morgan also said that after so many years, he
could not remember such a flight or incident, but that he had no recollection of
having had anything to do with an assassination investigation. (102) Morgan was
asked if he would consult his personal flight logs to see if they shed any light
on any flights to Japan he might have participated in after the assassination.
(103) He then asked that the committee write him what specific information it
wanted from his log books and he would consult them for that.(104) The committee
sent a letter to Morgan on that same date requesting information about the     
dates, crews and destinations of military flights on which he participated from
Kaneohe Bay to Atsugi or Tachikawa, Japan, in December 1963.(105)
     (32) Morgan identified Lt. Gen. Carson Roberts as the Commander of the    
Pacific Fleet at Kaneohe Bay at the time of the assassination. (106) He   
stated that Maj. Don Rice was also an executive of Hcer at Kaneohe Bay at that
time. (107)

                         CONTACTS WITH CID OFFICERS

     (33)  Based on that information from Morgan, the committee requested on   
November 9, 1978, that the Defense Department make Major Rice available for
interview.(108) On June 26, 1978, the committee had already requested that Major
Rice be made available based on the information provided by Larry Huff;(109)
however, the Defense Department had not been able to locate material
identifiable with Major Rice because the committee could not at that time
provide Rice's first name.
     (34)  In a further effort to determine whether the military had in fact    
conducted an investigation of Oswald or the assassination which


     might contain information not released previously, the committee     
requested that the Department of Defense identify the chief CID officers who
would have had knowledge of or involvement in such an investigation. On June 19,
1978, the committee requested in writing that the chief CID officers who were
stationed at El Toro Marine Base in California and Camp Smith in Hawaii in
November and December 1963 be made available for interview. (110) The committee
also requested that the chief CID officer for the Marine Corps for that period
also be made available to the committee.(111)
     (35)  Because Huff, Moffitt, Lieutenant General Roberts had all indicated 
their belief that information concerning flights master logs for military air
and crews of military aircraft would be located in files permanently at Marine
Corps headquarters, the committee requested in writing to the Defense Department
on June 26, 1978, that it be provided access to "any and all master logs,
concerning or referring to military aircraft stationed at Camp Smith, Hawaii and
El Toro Marine Base in November and December 1963." (112)
     (36)  In a letter dated July 26, 1978, the Department of Defense provided 
information concerning the number and type of military aircraft stationed at El
Toro and Kaneohe Bay in 1963. According to that letter, 15 model KC-I30F planes
were among the total aircraft stationed at El Toro from October through December
1963; those planes were further identified as Lockheed transport planes.(113)
Additionally, two model C-54P planes were stationed at Kaneohe Bay during the
same period. (114) Those planes are identified as Douglas Skymaster transport
planes. (115)
     (37)  In the July 26 letter, the Department of Defense stated that no     
master logs for military aircraft could be obtained through Marine Corps
headquarters, but that the committee could request that information through the
Washington National Record Center of the General Services Administration. (116)
     (38)  In a memorandum dated July 14, 1978, the Department of Defense 
responded to the committee's letter of March 19, 1978, requesting that CID
personnel be identified and made available for interview.(117)
     (39)  Based on the last known address provided by the Defense Department, 
the committee was unable to locate retired gunnery sergeant H.E. Aubrey, who was
identified as the chief CID investigator st Camp Smith in November-December
     (40)  On November 6, 1978, the committee interviewed by phone Harold 
Flower, who served as a CID officer at El Toro Marine Base at the time of the
assassination. Flower stated Howard Bearden was in command of the CID unit at
that time; Bearden was deceased. (118) Flower stated that to his knowledge, no
investigation of the assassinator of Oswald was conducted in his command. and he
had no knowledge of such an investigation. (119) Flower said that if the Office
of Naval Intelligence had conducted such an investigation out of El Toro, he
would have known about it. (120) Flower was also asked if it were possible that
such an investigation could have been conducted out of El Toro using civilian
investigation personnel who would not have necessarily been under the command of
his CID unit. Flower said that if the local FBI office had conducted an   
inquiry at El Toro, he would


     have known about it, because he personally knew all of the Special Agents 
stationed at the local FBI field office in nearby Santa Ana, Calif.(121)  
Flower said that although he had heard that Oswald had been stationed at the
Marine Corps Air Facility at Santa Ana, he had no other knowledge of Oswald's
military background.(122) Flower stated additionally that the Air Facility at
Santa Ana bad its own CID unit, which would be the appropriate repository of
information about Oswald. (123)
                              MORGAN LETTER

     (41)  On December 8, 1978, the committee received a letter from former    
CWO Roger G. Morgan dated December 5, 1978. In the letter, Morgan said he had
consulted his personal log books of his military service as had been requested
by the committee. (124) Morgan stated in the letter:
            My personal log books do reflect the fact that I was the commander
of a flight from Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii to Tachikawa AFB in Japan and return on the
dates in question.
            The aircraft type was a C-54, assigned to Marine Aircraft "Group   
13, Kaneohe Bay, Hawaii. The aircraft bureau number was 50855. The names of
other crew members or passengers is not contained in these personal records, but
could be found in official records. (125)

     Submitted by:

                                             ROBERT BLAKEY,
                                   Chief Counsel and Staff Director.
                                             GARY CORNWELL,
                                                  Deputy Chief Counsel.
                                             SURELL BRADY,
                                                  Staff Counsel.


       (1) Letter from Gloria Huff, Mar. 8, 1977 (JFK document No. 01354S).
       (2) Ibid.
       (3) Staff outside contact report, Larry Huff, Mar. 21, 1977, HSCA (JFK  
       (4) Ibid.
       (5) Ibid.
       (6) Ibid.
       (7) Letter to Lt. Col. Carl Miller, Mar. 23, 1977, HSCA (JFK document   
No. 013563).
       (8) Letter to Gen. Louis Wilson, June 6, 1977, HSCA (JFK document No.   
       (9) Staff outside contact report, Aug. 1, 1977, HSCA (JFK document No.
       (10) Ibid.
       (11) Ibid.
       (12) Ibid.
       (13) Staff outside contact report, Aug. 1, 1977, HSCA (JFK document No. 
       (14) Ibid.
       (15) Letter to Capt. Donald Nielsen, Aug. 2, 1977, HSCA. (JFK document  
No. 013564).
       (16) Staff outside contact report, Larry Huff, Feb. 15, 1978, HSCA.
       (17) Ibid.
       (18) Ibid.


       (19) Ibid.
       (20) See outside contact report, Nov. 9, 1978, for reference to letter  
to Harold Brown, Secretary of Defense, Mar. 9, 1978, HSCA (JFK document No.
       (21) Ibid.
       (22) Staff outside contact report, Apr. 19, 1978, HSCA (JFK document    
No. 007369).
       (23) Id. at pp. 6-7.
       (24) Id. at p. 7.
       (25) Ibid.
       (26) Staff outside contact report. May 1, 1978, HSCA (JFK document No.  
       (27) Staff outside contact report, May 5, 1978, HSCA (JFK document No.  
       (28) Deposition of Larry Cecil Huff, May 9, 1978, HSCA, p. 7 (JFK  
document No. 014615).
       (29) Ibid.
       (30) Id. at p. 9.
       (31) Id. at p. 7.
       (32) Id. at p. 8.
       (33) Ibid.
       (34) Id. at p. 9.
       (35) Ibid.
       (36) Id. at p. 10.
       (37) Id. at p. 15.
       (38) Aviator's flight log book of Larry Huff (JFK document No.
       (39) Ibid.
       (40) See ref. 28, Huff deposition, p. 11
       (41) Ibid.
       (42) See ref. 38.
       (43) Ibid.
       (44) See ref. 28, Huff deposition, 12.
       (45) Ibid.
       (46) Ibid.
       (47) Ibid., p. 13.
       (48) Ibid.
       (49) Ibid.
       (50) Ibid.
       (51) Id. at p. 15.
       (52) Id. at pp. 13-14.
       (53) Id. at p. 14.
       (54) Id. at p. 15.
       (55) Ibid.
       (56) Id. at p. 9.
       (57) Id. at p. 10.
       (58) Id. at p. 16.
       (59) See ref. 38.
       (60) See ref. 28. Huff deposition, p. 16.
       (61) Ibid.
       (62) Id. at p. 17.
       (63) Id. at p. 16.
       (64) Letter from Roger E. Leblanc, June 15, 1977, with list attached    
(JFK document No. 013551).
       (65) Ibid.
       (66) Ibid.
       (67) Ibid.
       (68) Huff interview, May 8, 1978, HSCA, p. 2 (JFK document No.
       (69) Ibid.
       (70) Staff outside contact report, June 14, 1978, HSCA (JFK document    
       (71) Staff interview of George Moffitt, June 15, 1978, HSCA, p. 1 (JFK
document. No. 10145).
       (72) Ibid.
       (73) Id. at p. 3.
       (74) Id. at p. 2.
       (75) Ibid.


       (76) Id. at p. 3.
       (77) Id. at p. 1.
       (78) Id. at p. 2.
       (79) Ibid.
       (80) Id. at p. 3.
       (81) Id. at p. 2.
       (82) Aviators flight log book of George Moffitt (JFK document No.  
       (83) Ibid.
       (84) Ibid.
       (85) See ref. 71, Moffitt interview, p. 5.
       (86) Ibid.
       (87) Ibid.
       (88) Ibid.
       (89) Staff interview of Gen. Carson A. Roberts, May 25, 1978, HSCA, p.  
1. (JFK document No. 009408).
       (90) Ibid.
       (91) Ibid.
       (92) Id. at pp. 1-2.
       (93) Id. at p. 2.
       (94) Ibid.
       (95) Id. at p. 3.
       (96) Id. at p. 2.
       (97) Id. at p. 3.
       (98) Id. at p. 2.
       (99) Staff outside contact report, Nov. 7, 1978, HSCA, p. 1 (JFK   
document No. 013020).
       (100) Ibid.
       (101) Id. at pp. 1-2.
       (102) Id. at p. 1.
       (103) Ibid.
       (104) Ibid.
       (105) Staff letter to Roger G. Morgan, Nov. 7, 1978, HSCA (JFK document 
No. 013080).
       (106) Staff outside contact report, Nov. 7, 1978, HSCA, p. 2 (JFK  
document No. 013020).
       (107) Ibid.
       (108) Letter to Harold Brown, Secretary of Defense, Nov. 9, 1978, HSCA  
(JFK document No. 015048).
       (109) Letter to Harold Brown, Secretary of Defense, June 26, 1978, HSCA 
(JFK document No. 015048).
       (110) Letter to Harold Brown, Secretary of Defense, June 19, 1978, HSCA 
(JFK document No. 015048).
       (111) Letter to Harold Brown, Secretary of Defense, June 26, 1978, HSCA
     (JFK document No. 015048).
       (112) Ibid.
       (113) Fact sheet from Department of Defense, July 26, 1963, tab A (JFK
     classified document No. 103).
       (114) Ibid.
       (115) Ibid.
       (116) Ibid., enclosure 2, p. 10.
       (117) Memorandum to the House Select Committee on Assassinations from   
Judy Miller, Office of the Secretary of Defense, July 14, 1978 (JFK document No.
       (118) Staff outside contact report, Nov. 6, 1978, HSCA (JFK document No.
       (119) Ibid.
       (120) Ibid.
       (121) Id. at p. 2.
       (122) Ibid.
       (123) Ibid.
       (124) Letter from Roger G. Morgan to House Select Committee of     
Assassinations staff, Dec. 5, 1978 (JFK document No. 013576).
       (125) Ibid.


No comments:

Post a Comment