Friday, October 12, 2018

Mrs. Lincoln's Trunks

William H. Norton
Old Lone Pine Road
Post Office Box 505
Osceola, Nebraska, 68651

April 10, 1997

Mr. David G. Marwell
Executive Director ARRB
600 E. Street Northwest, Second Floor
Washington D.C. 20530

Re: Harold & Evelyn Lincoln

Dear Mr. Marwell:

Please let this letter serve as an acknowledgement of your letter of February 5, 1997, and our recent telephone conversation with regard to the above named individuals.

As I advised you I have in my possession three trunks which were shipped to me by Stephen C. Blakeslee, Jr. I received these trunks in accord with the provisions of the last wills and testaments of Harold & Evelyn Lincoln.

The trunks remain unopened, and are presently in the possession of the County Sheriff of Polk County, Nebraska. They were delivered to him for safe keeping while my wife and I were vacationing in Mexico. Since returning, I have gone back to active service as a District Judge in the Fifth Judicial District here in Nebraska. I am presently filling a temporary vacancy which has occurred in the Fifth Judicial District. 

Because of this fact, these trunks will probably not be opened and inventoried until later in the year. However, I bear in mind your concerns and I will keep you informed if any materials are located which might bear upon the assassination of President Kennedy.


Very Truly Yours, 
SIGNED William H. Norton

No comments:

Post a Comment